Next steps after buying a business
Once you've assessed companies for sale and found the right buy, the second phase of your work starts. Use this checklist to ensure you don't forget crucial steps for starting on the right foot.
Use the right and left arrows to fast forward and rewind
|Mute volume||Use the up and down arrow keys to turn the volume up and down||Rewind video 5 seconds||
0:00 / -:--
|Fast forward video 5 seconds||Turn closed captioning off|
You bought a business and you’re ready to assume ownership. Make sure to account for key parts of the transition:
- Decide what you will change, if anything, about the business, its mission, culture, or processes — and in what ways.
- Strategically roll out any changes, consulting your advisors and team.
- Prioritize communications and updates for key people.
- Consider staying in touch with the prior owner for guidance and insights as you transition.
- Start pursuing opportunities to grow!
As you assume leadership of your new venture, consider opportunities for improvement. Learn more about how to start making strategic improvements.